2017 Web Summit
Do you still remember the fabulous 2016 Web Summit? This year, the world´s coolest technology event comes back again! November 6-9, 2017, we are looking forward to your participation in Lisbon!
The Web Summit is a technology conference held annually since 2010. The topic of the conference is centered on internet technology and attendees range from Fortune 500 companies to the world’s most exciting tech companies. This contains a mix of CEOs and founders of tech start ups together with a range of people from across the global technology industry, as well as related industries.
This year more than 60,000 tech CEOs, founders, startups, investors and political leaders driving change across the world are coming together in Lisbon for the 2017 Web Summit. They will be looking for answers to the questions posed by the tech revolution we are living through.
The Web Summit has become Europe’s largest and most important technology marketplace, a crossroads for the world’s largest buyers and sellers of technology, alongside many of the world’s most disruptive emerging technology companies.
It is not just Europe’s largest companies that will be at Web Summit, but over 7,000 CEOs from companies of all sizes and industries learning about what new software and hardware can transform their businesses. For the first time, they will be joined by leading academics, those at the forefront of tech and business worlds, cultural icons and influencers, and key world leader to tackle the world’s most pressing issues.
For more information about the Web Summit visit: https://websummit.net/
Visa requirements for the 2017 Web Summit
- An application form completed and photocopied, either in English or Portuguese, and signed, with a recent colour photograph;
- A passport, valid for at least six months starting from the application date and remaining valid for at least 3 months after return, with a photocopy of all used pages;
- An official letter in English, or Portuguese from the work unit in China stating that the company agrees that the applicant goes on a business trip to Portugal and other Schengen countries. The letter should mention the position/occupation of the applicant, duration and specific business purpose of the stay, by whom the travelling and lodging expenses will be borne and who guarantees the return of the applicant;
- A photocopy of the business license of the applicant’s work unit in China and a translation in English of this document;
- An original invitation letter from Web Summit Lisbon, clearly identifying the name of the person invited, including Passport number, and also the name, address, and telephone numbers of the inviting company/institution, identifying the person assuming responsibility;
- Bank statements from the last six months;
- Travel insurance, valid throughout the Schengen territories and the duration of the stay, covering all possible medical contingencies, including the cost of repatriation, with a minimum coverage of 30,000 Euros; the original policy and a copy, translated into either English or Portuguese, should it be written in Chinese, must be presented;
- Should the applicant be non-Chinese: A Chinese Residency Permit is needed, with a photocopy of all pertinent pages, translated into either English or Portuguese.
*Please apply at one of our Visa Application Centres
For more information visit:
- Portugal Visa Application Centre: http://www.vfsglobal.cn/Portugal/China/English/index.html