Portuguese citizens residing (even temporarily) with this consular area must register in the Consular Section of the Embassy of Portugal in Beijing, as a precondition for their consular protection and to obtain Portuguese documentation.
To register, the following documents are required:
- Complete Appointment Form (click here to download);
- Valid Portuguese Passport;
- Valid Residence Permit in China (work/study)
- 1 photo, updated and in colour;
- Valid Portuguese ID card (Bilhete de Identidade) or Citizen Card (Cartão de Cidadão);
- Registration form of Temporary Residence - issued by the local police;
- Proof of employment or study in China.
There is no cost associated with the consular registration.